Sell-Side Advisory for Healthcare Businesses
When it comes to selling your healthcare or medical related business, the key element to convey to a potential buyer is what separates your healthcare company from all the others in the same sector – the “secret sauce,” if you will.
What is it that actually differentiates your company from the others? Is it your area of practice? Do you focus on:
- ACOs (Accountable Care Organizations)
- Clinical Research Site Services
- CROs (Clinical/Contract Research Organization)
- Emergency Management Services
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Physicians
- HOCS (Hospital Outsourced Clinical Services)
- Hospitalist Medicine Practices
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- Skin Care
- Urgent Care
Whatever your segment of the healthcare or greater medical space is, there are areas other than specialty that can set your company apart. Below are some of them:
- Uniqueness – Almost all businesses in the healthcare or medical space have a wide range of competitors. However, even if you are essentially operating to serve the same market, there is something that sets your company apart from the pack. This could be anything from customer service, to specialization and quality of care.
- Positioning – Whether or not you are the leading provider in your space, there is most certainly another company or practice that would like to have access to your customer base. If you are the segment leader, this makes you all the more valuable as buyers look for targets that can help them expand their patient or customer bases.
- Tribal Knowledge – If your staff and management team has deep scientific or patient knowledge and relationships that are key to revenue and profitability, a buyer will certainly have to pay for that. Knowledge that cannot be easily transferred is a key competitive differentiator.
- Proprietary systems – If your business has developed proprietary technology to make the business more efficient and streamlined, this can positively affect sales and profit margins. A buyer will usually pay more for companies that have invested significant dollars to make their company run smoothly while lowering costs.
While healthcare business buyers look at a wide range of factors from revenue and profitability to patients served, discovering the true essence of your medical practice and effectively maximizing your resources can be the key to driving the sale of your business.
Have questions about how to sell your healthcare business or how the medical business valuation process works? Contact Us